Saturday, August 13, 2011

Europe Day 26: End of a (European) Journey

May 9 was a bit of a sad day as part of me didn't want to leave Europe.  Coming home is always good and I have so much to be thankful for in my everyday life.  It wasn't so much that I didn't want to go home, I just wasn't quite ready for our vacation to end.  There was still more to see and do, and I just wanted to keep enjoying it all : )  I think the timing was good though - gives us future travels to look forward to.  And a pretty blessed life to live in the meantime.

So we had breakfast, took the subway to the Munich airport, and off we went (after spending the last of our Euros in the airport chocolate shop, obviously!) on a many-hour plane ride across the Atlantic.  The nice thing about our layover in Chicago was that we took care of customs there, so when we landed in Denver that evening we just grabbed our bags and walked out to our waiting ride (thanks Lee!). 

Wow - going back through all our pictures from Europe and writing about our travels reminded me all over again how awesome it was to be able to go and see everything we did.  Several people have asked "what your favorite place was" or the "awesomest thing you saw," and I have a hard time answering.  Actually, I have an easy time answering - I just start talking about EVERYTHING we did and how each day/sight was awesome in its own way.  Which is not really what they asked for, but it's true - each day held some new treat, beautiful sight, interesting history, and/or neat experience that is hard to compare to the others. 

This trip was a wonderful time of exploring history, marveling at beauty, and truly making memories to last a lifetime.  Our pictures do a poor job of capturing the whole experience, but I still treasure looking at them...and, I must admit, they make me want to go back and do it all over again!!

I hope you've enjoyed the overview of our travels.  Before I move on to catching the blog up on everything else that's been going on this summer, let me just say that if you're in the market for an European adventure any time soon, let me know.  I have a bit of planning info I could share.  Maybe more than a little.  Ok, ok, I have detailed spreadsheets. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment